Family pic

Family pic

Monday, February 25, 2008

A Busy Few Days

It has been a busy few days for me. Here's what has been going on:

Tuesday, February 19th~Ultrasound. Surprised once again by the baby inside me. I thought for sure I was carrying a girl. It took me days to wrap my brain around having another boy. (But not near as long as it took when I discovered I was pregnant...now that was a shock!)

Wednesday, February 20th~Left for Charleston for the SC Speech-Language and Hearing Convention. I enjoyed the ride in my "new" Odyssey!

Thursday-Saturday, February 21-23~Spent hours in sessions about various speech-language topics such as swallowing disorders, stuttering, autism, functional therapy techniques.,etc. Although all of that was "fun", the best part of my trip was spending time with my former co-workers from Fort Mill School District and my college roommate, Kristen, who lives in Charleston.

Saturday, February 23~I returned home. It is so wonderful coming home after a few days away. I missed my husband and kids so much, even thought I was only gone a few days. The smiles on the kids' faces and my husband's sweet words (he now understands and appreciates my daily routines) made a wonderful homecoming!

Sunday, February 24~ Went to our awesome church. We went to the later service, because I could not pull myself out of the bed. Actually, we all slept in. Once home, we began trying to tidy up the mess that had accumulated while mommy was away!

Monday, February 25~ I am writing this post during my lunch break. I am substituting for a speech therapist at a local elementary school. I did not get the job that I interviewed for last month. I was really disappointed at first, but now I realize it is for the best. If I had been hired, the clients on my caseload would have to be placed back on a waiting list when I have the baby. That would not be fair to them. So, I inquired about helping out with the school system until the end of the school year. The school year will end right before baby #3 arrives. It works out perfectly; I will be a "permanant substitute" that rotates through the therapists in the various schools in the district to help them with paperwork, testing and therapy until the end of the year. It will be a 1 to 2 day a week position. So, here I am....back in the working world (kind of).

Well, my lunch break is about over. Just wanted to let you in on the busyness of my life... and give my excuse for not blogging in a while.

1 comment:

Lynn Savell said...

Isn't amazing that when God closes one door, he always opens another? Glad the job situation worked out for you.