Family pic

Family pic

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow and Mommy Guilt

My family and I really enjoyed looking out the windows and watching the snow fall. But, that was the extent of our enjoyment. My children did not get to go out and play. I did not want to take Ashton out and couldn't send Anagrace out without Anderson (that would break his heart) and I definately wasn't sending them both out without me. So, here comes the mommy guilt again. No pictures of Ashton or Anderson's first snow. The guilt was only compounded by looking at all of the blogs I follow to see the pictures and stories of cute kids bundled up having a great time...sipping hot cocoa afterwards, of course. I did let Anagrace watch Dora the Snow Princess, that must get some sort of "mommy points", right? I still feel like there is a huge deficit in the motherhood account.

3 comments:

Susan said...

When we had that little bit of snow last year, I didn't let my kids go out in it and that was Davis' first snow...and if you are feeling guilty about not letting them go out here's something to make you feel better - Davis has been coughing and running a fever and runny nose, etc, just miserable and we took him outside. I knew better than to do that and he was miserable the rest of the day! Hang in there, we all do things that bring on mommy guilt - it's one of the "perks" of being a mom!

farmersdaughter4ever said...

Girl...don't feel guilty! If I had had my kids at home, they wouldn't have gone out! I love to look at snow, but not to play in it! they were fortunate enough to be at my brother's house spending the night and they all went out...I took the baby to my grandparents long enough to snap some pic and then took Savannah inside b/c she screamed the whole time...apparently she has my opinion of the snow...and doesn't like it either!...all that to say, I was only out for like 5 minutes and the kids only lasted 15...so not worth the 45 minutes it took to get them dressed! lol! I'm in total agreement w/ you on not sending them out! Plus, your the mommy and you make the rules for your house...leave the guilt at the door! :) It's your choice to decide what to do, no matter what everyone else might be doing!!

The Haiglers said...

Hey Chelsea,
I didn't take Austin out for his first snow either. We only had a dusting, but it still was the first snow. Sometimes you've just got to decide what's best for your family and you can't feel guilty about that!
Love ya,
Mary