Family pic

Family pic

Thursday, November 29, 2007

My big, brave girl

Anagrace is growing up so fast! She's had several "big girl" experiences the past few weeks. A few weeks ago she went to the dentist for the first time. She was so brave. She climbed right into the purple dentist chair and opened wide. She had her teeth checked and cleaned without more than a whimper. I was so proud. She was too!

Then, a few days ago she went to the "big girl salon". Actually, it is the salon I go to for my haircuts. She has had her hair cut at one the children's salons that have the cool chairs shaped like cars and rockets facing the TV showing cartoons. She really enjoyed that. I have been worried that the next haircut she gets will get rid of her beautiful curls! So, I wanted to take her to my salon to have her hair cut by a stylist who has been trained how to cut curly hair. Again, she climbed right up into the big chair ready for action. She sat still "like a statue". I think it helped her to be brave knowing that her best friend Jordyn was going to get her hair cut,too. But, she did ask if next time we could go back to the place where she could watch TV while they cut her hair!

Anagrace recently got a flu shot, too. I did not get a photo of that experience, she was brave but not as composed as she was at the dentist's office and salon. She cried for 30 minutes (Anderson had 3 shots that day and cried for about 2 minutes! Tough boy!)

It amazes me how fast she's growing...and it's fun to share all of the new experiences with her!

No comments: