Family pic

Family pic

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Mommy Woes Part 2

Well, the wait-it-out period lasted about 24 hours. Anderson began to run a fever yesterday around lunch time. I didn't need to call for anyone's opinion this time...I made an appointment with the doctor right away. He has another ear infection. So, now I'm trying not to beat myself up for not taking him sooner. Oh, the self-imposed guilt I put myself through. I agonize over what to do and then condemn myself for making the wrong choice. You know I would say that's a universal mommy thing, but often I think it is more of a character flaw with me. Aside from second guessing my decisions regarding my children, I second guess almost all my decisions. My purchases, for example. I am the "Returns Queen"; at any given time I have 2 or more bags on my bedroom floor ready to be returned to stores. I have a bad case of buyer's remorse that extends a little further...I think I have decision remorse!

3 comments:

4torock said...

U R so cute C! PLEASE! I try and wait out my poor childrens coughs, fevers, colds.... for as long as possible just to save money when really they are soooo worth it! (terrible I know!), but glad u took him and hopefully he will be better very soon :)
:)Kate
PS- my husband WISHES I had buyers remorse and took things back! LOL!!

Kelly said...

Don't you just hate ear infections? Don't beat yourself up over it! Think of it this way...if you'd taken him in a day earlier, the doctor may not have been able to spot the infection yet and you may have waited longer to take him in again.

Ken, Amy, & Will (for now) said...

Chelsea, you are a GREAT mom! Ear infections are so hard! I remember taking Will later so many times and learning it was a dual ear infection. He never let me know other than a fever, which we all know could be ANYTHING! Who wants to spend the co-pay and hear it's a virus? I could have paid for a doctoral degree for as many times as I heard that one!