Family pic

Family pic

Friday, November 9, 2007

Hot Tea

I'm am all about some hot tea lately! It all started when my good friend Dawn and I went out to eat for her birthday. Well, it was 2 months past her birthday, but it was a great time just the same! We went to Kabutos and I had hot tea there...and I've had it pretty much everyday since. It is just a simple pleasure that I enjoy, because I can't afford the sophisticated pleasures...haha! There's just something about the warm cup of tea on a chilly day (and my house stays somewhat chilly due to my cheap frugal husband monitoring the thermostat) that makes me happy. I've been trying to enjoy my daily hot tea during the kids' naptime so that I can read in my Bible and pray at the same time or catch up on my blog reading. It's good for my soul. Not chicken soup for the soul, but hot tea for the soul. I hope that you can find, or that you already have, a simple pleasure that you are enjoying daily!

2 comments:

Ken, Amy, & Will (for now) said...

I couldn't agree more! I love hot tea too! I actually forgot...so, thanks for reminding me how much I love it (and how good it feels to have a simple pleasure)!

dawn said...

ok, we need to have hot tea during our prayer time... when will that start???? both sound really good to me right now!