Family pic

Family pic

Monday, November 5, 2007

Mommy Woes

I talked to three people on the phone today trying to decide if I should take Anderson to the doctor....again. Three people...I am so indecisive and a little co-dependant. I guess I felt in my gut that I should probably "wait it out", but I hate to see my baby boy not feeling well. For about a week now he has had a stuffy nose and seemed generally "blah", not his happy-go-lucky self. I took him to the doctor shortly after the symptoms started, afraid that he may have developed an ear infection. Ears looked great, teeth on their way. So I chalked up the runny nose and blahness to the pearly white beasts. But days later he's not worse, but not better. As a mommy, I just want to fix it and make him all better. The third person I talked to (the nurse at the Dr's office) told me that since he is sleeping fine and is not running a fever that I could wait a few more days. I knew that, so why did I need someone else to tell me. Actually, my mom said to take him, Justin said to do whatever I thought was best (typical), and the nurse told me to wait. I made my decision after I heard the answer I thought I should hear! But, why? I am not sure why I second guess myself...constantly. I am afraid of making the wrong decision about everything. Everything. About silly stuff. But especially about things involving my children. I realized later, that during all that "do I or don't I" I never consulted the One who could have eased my anxiousness and given me peace with my decision.
But, I'm praying now that Anderson will be better soon. Will you, too?

2 comments:

farmersdaughter4ever said...

Chelsea, I totally understand! I hope Anderson will feel better soon, and I know that next time you will think to ask God first!...we alway learn from our experiences! I do the same thing more than I like to admit...but then I end up feeling the same as you did....WHY DIDN"T I ASK GOD FIRST?...I love your honesty! love ya

Jess said...

i do this, too, chelsea...once i didn't pick up the fact that my newborn has RSV and now i call the doctor over everything. oh, well.
love
jess
p.s. this is showing up as my husbands account for some reason, but it's me, jess!