Family pic

Family pic

Monday, August 27, 2007

Vacation???



As my hubby informed you, the kids and I were out of town last week. He referred to it as a vacation, but I would have to disagree. It was merely a change of location. A vacation is not a vacation with 2 small children! I went with my mother and grandmother, who were very helpful, but it still was not relaxing by any stretch of the imagination. There were several instances that we just had to laugh at the circumstances. It was extremely hot! We carried 3 chairs, a baby swing, an umbrella, a baby 'tent', sand toys, and a bag filled with towels, sunscreen, and magazines to the beach everyday. By the time we got there, we were sweaty and exhausted. It seemed that for various reasons we could not stay on the beach for much more than an hour. It was a lot of work and not much resting! There was an incident with an umbrella on a windy afternoon that still makes me laugh when I think about it. In fact, Mom, Grandma and I had quite a few laughs on the trip...and that was what made it worthwhile. I really enjoyed our time together.

3 comments:

Ken, Amy, & Will (for now) said...

I know what you mean and I only have one, I can't imagine two on vacation right now! I give you lots of credit for looking for the good in your "vacation"!

Susan said...

There is no such thing as vacation for mommy (unless the kids aren't with you and come on, how often does that happen). Glad you had a good trip!

farmersdaughter4ever said...

Be glad you have the memories you will always cherish them and they can't be replaced!...glad you could laugh and enjoy anyway!