Family pic

Family pic

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Rules!


My daughter and husband can come up with some ridiculous rules! Don't get me wrong, I like structure and boundaries...I was going to talk about the "behavior plan" we set up for Anagrace, but I had to vent about the rules that are placed on me! First, in order to play with Anagrace, she has multiple rules that I have follow. I have to say something specific that she tells me to after she does some kind of cue. She'll tell me something like "Mommy, you have to say 'The baby is hungry when I point to the food, then pick her up and give her the purple bottle not the blue one cause that's for the other baby". Or there is a certain way or order of how we have to play with her toys. It is kind of humorous, but frustrating. I've told her that she won't keep friends and her playmates won't play if she continues to make up rules as she goes along.
But, what was way more frustrating were the rules that my husband, Justin, came up with tonight. Get this, he says that he cannot change 2 diapers in a row! Are you kidding me? How many diapers do I change in a row. I believe the first diaper that he changed was the only diaper of the day! I'm trying to think of some rules for myself. I cannot cook dinner for 2 nights in a row. Or maybe when he says "I changed the diaper last" that means I get to go shopping the next day! How you like them rules!
In all honesty, Justin is a wonderful father and husband! And if I am being honest I have rules that probably drive him and Anagrace crazy as well....put down the lid, pick up your dirty clothes from the floor and place them in the hamper, if you are finished using/playing with something put it away, don't chew or talk with your mouth full...but all of my rules make sense!:-)

3 comments:

dawn said...

look at your boys!!!!!
lunch was fun, even though a lot hectic!!!
love you all

madz said...

that is hilarious gracie does that 2 me 2! come see me soon
1 - madz

4torock said...

SOOO funny- I like your ideas about dinner and shopping!! LOL Too cute!Have a great day!!