Family pic

Family pic

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Cooking with a 3-year-old


It's always an experience when cooking with a 3-year-old! Anagrace loves to help out in the kitchen! Today I actually planned ahead for our dinner. Usually, around 5pm I start to wonder what I should cook for my hungry family. Anagrace and I made "Easy Beef Stroganoff" in the crockpot. I'll supply the recipe at the bottom of this post, if anyone is interested (it's so easy a 3 year-old can make it!).
We placed all the ingredients into the crockpot and stirred it up. Anagrace peered down into the pot and asked with a tone of uncertainty "Have I ever eat this before?" I told her no, but that she would like it. I reassured her, "It won't look the same when it's all done...it will be like beef and gravy!". To which she replied "Well, now it looks like throw-up and seeds!"

Here's the recipe, hope you enjoy:

1 can of cream of mushroom soup

1 cup water

1 lb. beef tips

1 pkg. onion soup mix

1 pkg. egg noodles

Combine soup, water, and onion mix in crock pot. Cook on low 4-6 hours or high for 2-4 hours. Cook noodles according to directions on package and drain. Serve "easy beef stroganoff" over noodles.

1 comment:

dawn said...

hilarious!!!! she cracks me up!