Family pic

Family pic

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A New Hobby

I think I have found a new hobby....craigslist. I have sold two items already. I sold my Joovy sit and stand stroller. I will have to get a double stroller once this baby arrives. (By the way, I am welcoming suggestions as to what is the best double stroller to buy. I have not decided if I want a side-by-side or tandem. Please, let me know what ones you liked or did not like!) I also sold a dresser that would not fit in Anagrace's (or the boys') room. The whole process was so quick and easy. I am planning to look in our attic for more items to sell!
I also bought a brand-new twin mattress on craigslist...still in the plastic! I love a bargain!
By the way, here is a picture of Anagrace's new bed that Justin's dad built, complete with the craigslist mattress (although you can't see it). We are so happy with how it turned out. Justin was less than thrilled that I wanted to paint it 4 different colors, but I think it makes it cuter that way! The steps are actually drawers, so they can double as storage. However, Anderson has already learned how to climb them. I guess I'll have to put a baby gate up to keep him out of her room! I will post more pictures of her room and the boys' room after the finishing touches are complete.

10 comments:

dawn said...

it looks so good!!! where is the baby gate for the stairs to keep anderson down??? love it, think justin's dad will make another for jordyn or give my dad the instructions!!!

4torock said...

sooo cute!! I LOVE my jogger stroller best, but the downsize is when real little they look like a little smooshed ball in it :( I did try a headrest for Cash and he did ok lol! And its way big-- no malls for me, but that is a rare ocasion anway- Target is the only "mall" I go to!! :) Can't wait to see what everyone else says since they have so many cool new strollers out now:) see ya!
Kate

Susan said...

wow chelsea...that is awesome! i love the bed. it all looks great! can't wait to see more pictures.

The Haiglers said...

That is adorable! You're so lucky to have a father in law that can build that for you. I love the drawers in the stairs, and I agree that all the colors make it very cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the new bed; any chance that there are plans to build one like it?

farmersdaughter4ever said...

I love the bed, it's alot like Emma's, but her's is white and has a ladder and a desk....neway! I LOVE the colors! can't wait to see what the boy's room is going to look like!

Lynn Savell said...

love the bed. what a great storage idea with the steps! tandem strollers are easier to manuever thru doors. i had 1 with henry and aliyah.

Lynn Savell said...

love the bed and colors! great idea for storage too. i loved the tandem stroller with henry and aliyah.so much easier to manuever thru doors by yourself.

Kelly said...

I'm a big fan of craigslist, too. My friend loves, loves, loves her Inglesina side-by-side umbrella stroller. I've seen it in action and it looks pretty easy to maneuver and the kids seem comfy.

Patti's Chat said...

Love the bed that Justin built! Love it!!!
Annagrace is such a lucky little girl.
Sure do miss the Prevette family!