Family pic

Family pic

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Simple Pleasures

Sometimes the smallest things bring a lot of joy to my heart.



I went grocery shopping. Now, that in itself does not bring me joy. But, they just opened a new Wal-Mart store close to our house. It is nice, new, and clean and it is has not been crowded or had long lines the few times that I have shopped there. That brings me joy. I finished my grocery shopping at ALDI. Let me just say... if you are looking for ways to save on groceries ALDI is the place to shop. That is, if you are not a brand-a-holic. They do not regularly stock name-brand foods, but occasionally have some "on special". This week they had my favorite cereal (Kellogg's All-Bran Strawberry Medley) at ALDI. I bought 3 boxes. That brought me joy. I have my meals planned for the week and the groceries to make it happen. Now, all I have to do is cook it. That is the hard part. Cooking does not bring me joy. But, if I don't make dinner no one complains. Anderson is content with just about anything we feed him, Anagrace with ALDI brand spaghetti and meatballs, Justin with a peanut butter sandwich, and me with my cereal. So, to know that I do not have the pressure to cook everynight and not feel guilty....that brings me joy.

No comments: