Family pic

Family pic

Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Getaway

I post this in hopes that my fellow mommy bloggers do not get jealous as they are dealing with piles and piles of stuff and are exhausted to tears. I was right there just a few days ago. And I will be back there in 2 days, however I am praying that this getaway leaves me refreshed and ready to deal with the piles and exhaustion that accompanies motherhood. And I also pray that you mommies out there find a moment to relax and be refreshed as well, even if it is just a coffee break or a trip to the store without children. We derserve it!

Yesterday was my first full day here. My flight was delayed on Tuesday evening and I did not arrive in Chicago until 10:30pm our time. The hotel is actually in Rockford, IL which is an hour away from the airport. So, I didn't get to bed until around midnight. I slept like a baby...well not like my baby because he is still waking up in the middle of the night...but I slept well on the Sleep Number bed. For those of you that have not experienced a sleep number bed, you press a button on a remote that makes the bed softer or firmer to your liking. Praises to whoever invented that one! I have slept 'til 9:30 both mornings. 9:30 was early in my college days, but by my current standards that's late! I stayed in my jammies until 4:30 yesterday. I was somewhat embarrassed when I recieved my lunch via room service and still had them on, but that quickly passed. I stayed in the sleep by numbers bed and channel surfed on cable television for most of the day. I have concluded that I am not missing much by not have cable at home. When I do get home I will, however, miss these hours of relaxation. But, I'm looking forward to seeing the sweet faces of those two precious children of mine...even if it is in the middle of the night.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I am so glad you are getting some much needed rest. It's great to stay in pj's and bed all day knowing that you aren't neglecting a child. Hope the rest of your getaway is just as great.

farmersdaughter4ever said...

I am SO excited for you.....sleep by numbers so like so much more fun than color by numbers, something Emma has been doing lately...lol....enjoy the rest of your time and order room service again for me!

Ken, Amy, & Will (for now) said...

It was great seeing you yesterday! Sounds like it was a great trip!