Family pic

Family pic

Friday, January 4, 2008

I need a break!

I have not been myself lately. I'm not sure if pregancy hormones are to blame? I have been on an emotional rollercoaster. Not fun. My husband has been as supportive as can be expected of someone who doesn't understand female emotions. Bless his heart. He tiptoed around the news that he may have to leave for a business trip for 6 days. Six days! I pleaded my case of a much needed break.
"The hotel room is paid for, right?"..."It is your birthday week, and we need to celebrate together. "... "I may go crazy before you return!"
Well, it worked. I am counting down the days until I meet Justin in Chicago next Tuesday. I am looking forward to a hotel room with a bed that I can enjoy uninterrupted sleep in, cable television (I will not have to watch PBS children's shows for 3 whole days), and a much needed break from the daily duties of my stay-at-home mommy life. I checked on Oprah's website for last-minute tickets, no luck. She only has tickets available for the January 16th taping, darn it! Oh well, I will settle for watching it on TV in the calm, quiet hotel room in my pajamas.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you would have been staying in Chicago over the weekend, we would have come up to visit.

farmersdaughter4ever said...

YEAH for you! I am SO excited for you! I know you will have lots of fun and SLEEP! I hope you can totally enjoy your break....and I will be looking forward to hearing all about it!

Lynn Savell said...

it's hormones and caring for a baby, i rememember those days. enjoy your break and time with Justin!

4torock said...

Have soo much fun- sleeping in IS THE BEST!!!! Can't wait to read how much fun you had!! Love ya
Kate

Jess said...

oh, chelsea! my heart did a little leap when i read this! i am so glad for you. as someone who has been pregnant while having two little ones, i can say YOU NEED THIS. i pray God will fill you with total rest for those days.
love
jess

Susan said...

yeah for you - enojoy your much needed days off.