Family pic

Family pic

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Football Feminist

Okay, I am not a football fan. I will watch it, but prefer to watch other things. But, at this time in the year I don't have much choice. It's been on the TV a lot at our house lately. Even when there are not games on, there are annoying newscasters talking about past and future games. Well, we were watching these newscasters chat about football the other day and they really irritated me with some of their comments. Now let me preface this by saying that I am not a Jessica Simpson fan, either. I have listened to her songs (well parts of them), but definately prefer to listen to other things. Frankly, she annoys me...but the newscasters comments annoyed me more. These men were saying that because she is dating Tony Romo, the Dallas Cowboys quarterback, that it has adversely affected his game. It is her fault that he is playing poorly? Now come on, why do they have to blame it on the girl? They pay that man to play football, a lot of money I'm sure, and he should be able to play regardless of what's going on in his love life. I can't believe they shifted the blame to her. Is it not his own fault that he did not play well? I'm not really sure why this bothered me so much, seeing as I don't really care for football or Jessica Simpson.
But it has added a new folder for my posts...Random Stuff....cause this was definately random!

3 comments:

Susan said...

We live football from August till the Superbowl in January and I am not a fan either(football time is usually nap time on the weekends). Hang in there - it's almost over! Yeah....

Tina B said...

How old is your son when he was laughing in that video??? My daughter is 5 months old and she doesn't laugh like that. She is very serious and contemplative, She smiles alot, but she has never busted out laughng like that. That was so sweet. My other children did that, but she hasn't? Is that normal you think. Maybe just her personality.

Chelsea said...

Anderson was 7 months old in the video. I'm not really sure when we first heard him laugh. But, he's very ticklish and that is how it started. Poor guy gets tickled a lot. It may be a personality thing, too though,because we can definately tell that Anderson is going to have a sense of humor. He'll laugh at anything...peek-a-boo, fake sneezing, funny faces. In fact you've inspired me to post another video of his laughing. It's gotten better with age. I'm sure your daughter will find something to laugh at in the coming weeks, even if she's a serious girl.