Family pic

Family pic

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer Blog Break

Well, it appears that summer break equals blog break. I have had a hard time finding the time to update my blog. We have been busy lately. Justin and I went on a short getaway to North Myrtle Beach the weekend after our anniversary. We decided to celebrate the weekend after because it was so difficult and expensive to book a place on Memorial Day weekend. We had a wonderful time lounging on the beach, floating in the lazy river, and just having conversations without little voices interrupting. We even got to witness a wedding on the beach...which brought back sweet memories from our wedding 7 years ago.
The kids and I have been swimming several times. A few times at my in-laws' pool and once at the YMCA with our friends the Masseys. I think that we will be poolside very frequently these next few weeks. It seems to be the only place I can get cooled off in this heat wave! And an added bonus is the relief the pool provides from this extra weight I'm carrying around. I'll have to post some pictures soon of the kids playing in the pool, but don't expect to see any of me in my bathing suit...that is the one definate disadvatage of visiting the pool, having to wear a swimsuit 35 weeks pregnant!
We don't really have any other plans for this summer. Just going to relax and take it easy before Baby #3 arrives in July...just around the corner!! I've been busy trying to prepare for his arrival. I worked pretty hard (with help from my Dad who built the shelves and cubbies, and my mom who helped me hang, fold and organize clothes) to get everything switched and put away in the kids' closets. I still have to get all of the newborn boy clothes out of the attic and put them away in the dresser. It feels like I just put those clothes up in the attic! There is still much to do and more to buy before the big day. I did purchase a stroller, a Combi Twin Saavy LX. It should arrive later this week. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on my stroller woes. Some great friends of mine (Dawn, Amy and Kimber) threw a shower for me and most everyone who attended contributed to gift cards for me. I was so overwhelmed with their generosity. That will really help out with the last few purchases I need to make!


Well, there is a quick update and excuse for my slack blogging.

1 comment:

farmersdaughter4ever said...

I think you will love the combi, I love both of mine, the double and the single...I got a new single for this baby along w/ a new infant seat (both combi of course!)...I can't wait to try them out w/ this baby!
Glad things are coming together w/ the kids rooms, I know the pain, we are going to start painting on Monday....if I can decide on the final color by then!lol...I know what I'm going for, it's just getting there that seems to be the hard part!

Can't wait to see pictures of your completed rooms!