Family pic

Family pic

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dunlap Syndrome

Do you know what Dunlap Syndrome is? That could be one of Jeff Foxworthy's "you might be a redneck" questions. Let me explain. Dunlap Syndrome is southern slang for an expanding belly...as in "yer belly has dunlapped over yer belt". I, unfortunately, have Dunlap Syndrome.
I remember when my dad turned 50 my grandmother told him that he was approaching the time in life where he would have to decide "over or under". She was referring to whether his belt and pants would be over or under his belly. My dad's belly is not yet big enough for him to worry about that now, but if and when it is he will go under (not the same decision his father made).
Anyway, my over under decision is different and thankfully temporary. Lately, rocking Anderson is a challenge. I am not sure if I should put him under the belly. When sitting my lap is almost non-existent. Or should I put him over the belly? Then, he is almost around my neck. Either way it is awkward.

No comments: