Family pic

Family pic

Thursday, December 25, 2008

I will not feel guilty about not sending Christmas cards

At least that is what I have been telling myself over and over in my head, trying to convince myself it is true. This is yet another guilt trip I have allowed myself to take. Since motherhood, I have traveled down this road of what I think I should be doing, measuring myself against others and the "standard". (I think there may be a resolution there!) And at this time I feel like I should have sent a Christmas card to all of my friends and relatives. But the reality is that I did not. The desire was there, but I just could not make it happen. And Christmas came and it was absolutely wonderful. The children were happy, we had a great time with all of our family and it really didn't matter that I didn't mail out those cards. Really, most of the people I am closest to read my blog. So here is an online version of what I would have mailed to you! :





The Prevette Family wishes you and yours a very merry Christmas and a blessed new year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Patti's Chat said...

It's the perfect Christmas greeting Chelsea! You enjoyed doing it, you sent it with sincerity and yes - those that are keeping up with your family will be able to enjoy your precious children here on your blog. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Keep it simple and keep it about the things that really matter - you seem to be doing a good job at that!
Love you friend! :))

farmersdaughter4ever said...

that is an awesome picture!....don't worry about the card...I didn't do them either this year! And I am w/ you, I'm not going to worry or compare myself to the "standard" of what should be done...who sets that standard anyway? and whoever they are they don't have my life right now...I am going to stay focused on what I feel is most important!...this year it wasn't Christmas cards! :)

The Haiglers said...

Merry Christmas! That was a great picture of your gorgeous children! Take care.

Jenny said...

I didn't get Christmas cards out either this year! I wanted too, but other things took priority! Maybe next year!

I LOVE the picture of your sweet children! They are growing so fast!

I hope you had a Merry Christmas!!!