Family pic

Family pic

Friday, May 16, 2008

Purchasing Problems

I have frequent problems with purchasing. I truly enjoy shopping, but I hate spending money. Everyone picks on my husband (including me) about being frugal, but truth be known I'm just as thrifty as he is. I struggle with my purchases. More likely than not if I buy something for myself I return it. So here are my latest purchasing problems:


I thought that I had found the deal of the century! I have been surfing the internet looking for a bargain on a double stroller. I found a Peg Perego top of the line side-by-side stroller for $170. You can't even buy a new Graco stroller for that price, so I snagged it. After it arrived on my doorstep, I realized that it was not compatible with any infant carrier. I don't want a stroller, no matter how nice it is, that I have to get my baby out of the car seat and fasten into the stroller. It is just so much easier to put the whole carrier onto the stroller and go, especially if you're just running a quick errand. So, as much as I loved the stroller...it really was snazzy, lightweight and easy to steer... I decided to get rid of it. To send it back to the company would cost me shipping charges and a restocking fee - over $50. That literally brought me to tears. I called Justin at work crying about this stupid stroller. I'm blaming it on the hormones. I usually have two or three meltdowns per pregnancy, so this was meltdown #1. Anyway, I listed the stroller on craigslist and only lost $10. I'm still not sure what stroller I'm going to go with, but I sure wish I hadn't pushed that one around my living room.

My other purchasing problem is yet to be solved. I really need some pajamas. None of mine are comfy. I have been sleeping in Justin's t-shirts, but now even they are getting too tight. I can't believe that I am outgrowing my husband's clothes! I have a really hard time spending money on clothes to sleep in. I'm not one of those people that lounge around in my PJ's. I put them on right before bed and put my real clothes on shortly after I wake up. So, buying pajamas is not something I really want to do. I know that is silly, but if I have money to spend I want to buy a new shirt or flip flops or something. I thought that Justin might get me some PJ's for mother's day, since it is not something I would really buy for myself. But I was pleasantly surprised that he remembered I had been saying I wanted a new Bible and some new music to listen to. So, that's what he got me. He did not remember the Bible translation or the name of the CD I wanted, so I had to go and exchange them. But, hey...I'm used to taking stuff back, so I didn't mind at all!

So, there's my purchasing problems...no real dilema, I know. Certainly nothing to shed tears over (I'm hormonal, okay!!).

4 comments:

Jess said...

okay, i cry over my purchases and have to return stuff and i am NOT (thank you, Jesus!!!) pregnant - so what's up?

sorry about your stroller - but thank goodness for craig's list!

love you

jess

Welcome to Kimber's blog! said...

Hey Chelsea,

I blogged about a purchasing saga. It was rather comedic, because each time I returned something, I ended up with more than I began with, even when I tried to correct the problem.

It's good to know that He loves us so much that He's making deposits even when we can't see it or deserve it.

Thanks for your sweet note about the Sparrow. He constantly blows me away. What a chasing, pursing, wild God! Looking forward to Friday:)

Love ya,

Kimber

The Haiglers said...

Chelsea,
Don't feel bad about the crying. Poor Jason watches me boohoo for no reason a couple of times a week! So only one so far for you is great!
Love,
Mary

farmersdaughter4ever said...

bras...and undies, I hate buying those too, they are like PJ's, no one sees them, and they aren't "cute" atleast not when you are prego or nursing...and they aren't fun to buy! I hate spending money on them! I totally understand that stress! BUT just go for it!...and then it will be over and you can be comfy! :) now if I would just take my own advice, I would be comfy too!lol!