Family pic

Family pic

Friday, May 16, 2008

10 Reasons I Love My Husband




I was tagged by my friend Dawn to list 10 reasons why I love my husband. So here goes:

1. He truly is my best friend. We are high school sweethearts, dating since we were 16 years old, so we've practically grown up together. We enjoy eachother's company, there is such comfort in just being with him. We can talk about everything and nothing. I really can't remember the last time we had a real argument. We don't let petty things bother us. I'm so thankful that we get along so well.


2. He makes Christ a priority in his life. We are both growing so much in our faith right now. He strives to be a godly husband and father. It is nice to see Justin leading our family and being an example to those around him.

3. He is such a great daddy! He rolls around on the floor wresting and tickling the kids . He sits and talks to Anagrace about the most random of things. He patiently teaches them both new things. After a long day at work, he is the one to bathe them and get them ready for bed. He makes sure to tell them everyday that he loves them. He gives his children the love and attention that they need from a father.

4. He is a funny man. I don't think a lot of people would guess that upon first meeting him, but he is very funny. He makes me laugh everyday about something silly. He can even make me laugh while I'm upset and crying.

5. He waits for me to go to bed. I'm not out a lot of late nights, but if I do have something going on past our usual bedtime he'll wait for me to come home. He may wait on the couch and fall asleep there, but he doesn't go to bed without me. We almost always go to bed at the same time.
6. He is a hard-worker. It's just who he is. But, I am so grateful that he understands and supports my calling to be a stay-at-home mom and works hard to provide for us. I know that being the sole provider for the family must be stressful for him at times, and I truly appreciate his dedication to providing not just our needs, but most of our wants too.
7. He is sexy! He's is so good looking. Some of my favorite features are his blue eyes, one with a cute little mole hidden in his lower left eyelashes and his hands...there's just something sexy about his hands, they are delicate, yet very manly! I could admire him for hours especially in a pair of GAP jeans and a baseball cap. And aside from his looks he's got a confidence about him that is not cocky, but very sexy.

8. He doesn't require much. By that I mean, he doesn't expect a home cooked meal everynight. He is perfectly happy to eat a peanut butter sandwich. And he doesn't complain if the house is in disarray or the laundry is not done. He'll do a load of laundry and help out when needed without saying a word.

9. He is compassionate. He will go and pass out biscuits to the homeless or volunteer on a Saturday for an event with our church because he truly enjoys serving others. He will do yardwork for my grandparents, when he has a million other things he needs to do. He has fixed heating/air problems for people in the middle of the night at no charge. He acts tough, but he's a real "softy" on the inside.
10. He loves me for me...flaws and all. He knows everything about me and loves me in spite of myself. I would not be the same person without his love.

1 comment:

Jess said...

i meant to tell you this morning - but i really liked this post - it made me feel like i kind of know your husband a little bit - which is a good thing, since i like his wife so much!!

love
jes