Family pic

Family pic

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter

It has taken me a while to recoup from Easter. Hence, the delay of the pictures and post. We had a brunch at our house on the Saturday before Easter Sunday. Thirteen adults and four children attended, which was a much smaller crowd than I had originally planned for. We had a great time and it did seem a little less stressful than years past when more people were packed in our small home.

On Sunday, we attended an awesome Easter service at our church. My mom, stepdad and stepbrother joined us, which made it even more special. Our church has now added a fourth service time due to the phenomenal growth we've experienced. Justin and I decided to serve during the new service time because there was a need for voluteers in that time slot. In order to do that, we have to attend a later service than usual. It may take us a while to adjust to the Sunday schedule change. After church, we went to Justin's parents for an early dinner. We all had a great time.

My children enjoyed all the Easter festivities. Anagrace was so excited about her Easter basket. She was especially fond of the chocolate rabbit. So much so that it was a struggle for her to actually eat him. She saved him for several days after opening the package. She would look at him, contemplate biting his ears, then put him back. She told me "Mama, I want to eat him, but I don't think I should". She has more willpower than me...if it's chocolate I'm going to eat it no matter how cute it is staring back at me! Anderson enjoyed digging through his very first Easter basket, too. He did not have any issues with eating the treats inside, even the ones that were not edible went straight to his mouth!

The best part of it all for me was hearing the Easter story retold by my 4 year-old...not the one about the bunny delivering baskets to children, the one about Jesus dying on the cross and rising again!

Here are some pictures for you to enjoy!


My cuties all dressed up on Easter Sunday



Anagrace eating her bunny hesitantly



Anderson as an Easter Bunny


Anderson and his 1st Easter basket

1 comment:

Susan said...

you definitely have some real cuties. and how sweet of anagrace not to want to eat her bunny. my girls didn't show any restraint when it came to their bunnies.