Family pic

Family pic

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Traditions

I just thought I'd share some of our Prevette family traditions. Some began the year Justin and I got married and others we've started somewhere along the past 8 years...

We always put up our nativity after reading the Christmas story. My dad got this one for us our first Christmas as "The Prevette Family". Anagrace and I did it this year along with her schoolwork.
I think that the "Countdown Calendar Tree" is probably Anagrace's favorite decoration. Shortly after she wakes up she has to move the stocking and count down the days left 'til Christmas.And a close second in the running for her favorite Christmas decoration, is the pink tree in Anagrace's room. She has had a small tree in her room since she was born (I'm pretty sure). But this pink one is new this year.

Our newest tradition is making a gingerbread house. This is actually the first year we've attempted it; I thought that it was the first time Anagrace could really "help" and enjoy it. And we did have a great time with it. We took it easy being our first year...we bought the premade house. It was already assembled, with roof and walls attached, all we had to do was mix the icing and decorate. I know that is kind of like cheating, but we'll increase the difficulty as the years go by!

So, those are just a few of our traditions. What traditions do you have? I'm always looking for fun and creative ways to make memories!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have a great looking blog
God Bless You and Your Family