Family pic

Family pic

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Has it been 7 weeks already?!

Wow, it has been a really long time since I've posted anything. Life has been crazy busy! And that is an understatement. By the way if you haven't heard of bloglines, you should check it out. You can subscribe to multiple blog feeds that you read and you don't have to keep checking the sites to see if slack bloggers, like myself, have posted anything.
When I was pregnant, a lot of people told me "going from 1 to 2 was harder than going from 2 to 3", and to them I just want to say "liar, liar pants on fire"! Just kidding! I'm sure it would be a lot easier if the second and third were spaced a little further apart than mine, maybe that's the difference. Anyway, we are "surviving". When anyone asks how we are doing my reply is "Hanging in there". That's just how it feels right now. I'm sure I'll get in the groove eventually. I did find a way to hold both boys at once!

(Can you see Ashton's head right up under my chin?)












Ashton is a sweet baby boy. He's starting to smile and it just melts my heart. He has reflux, which makes him fussy... a lot and want to be held...all the time. It is very difficult to see him hurting and not be able to do much for him. He is on medication to relieve the discomfort and we're still working with the pediatritian to try and manage it. He is such a chubby boy despite the puking! My other two were skinny babies, with no spitting up whatsoever...go figure. I just love all of his rolls and those cheeks...I can't stop kissing them!

Let's see,what else...we went to the beach. We went the week that Hurricane Faye sent lovely weather to the coast. The weather was okay the first day we arrived, but after that it rained everyday. Every. day. We were trapped in our cabin with our 3 children. Fun! One night we even lost power. Anyone ever nurse and change diapers by flashlight? I don't recommend it!
At least we had a few good hours on the beach together.


So, that should catch you up for now. Hopefully, I can post again soon.

3 comments:

Patti's Chat said...

Chelsea - so good to have an update! You're a wonderful Mother and yes...you will get it together and everything will just fall into place. Continue to "hang in there" and update us when you can. Hugs to your family from ours! :)

4torock said...

so glad to see you "back"!! YES I think 3 was so hard ( really .. promise after 3 it'a all the same!! lol) What a cutie Ashton is :) Thinking of you!!
Kate

Think Floral LLC said...

Hi Chelsea,
It is a good thing you pointed out that Ashton was under your chin in the photo, otherwise I would have missed him.
Happy Birthday to our birthday girl. I have a fun gift for her going in the mail tomorrow. She has the concept of "issue" down pat. Love and hugs to all,
Ant Debby :)