Family pic

Family pic

Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Funny Conversation with my Almost-Five-Year-Old

A few days ago, we were listening to the song Ammunition by Switchfoot, which has a line in it that says "We're the issue". Here's the conversation that followed:

Anagrace: Mama, what's an issue?
Me: It's kinda hard to explain, umm....
Anagrace: Is it like, when you blow your nose?
Me: No, that's is a tissue. An issue is like a problem.
Anagrace: Oh, so if our dog was stuck in a hole and there was fire around the hole, would that be an issue?
Me: Yes, that would be a big issue.
Anagrace: So, if it was a little dog stuck in a hole with no fire around it, that would be a little issue?
Me: I guess so?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...I am laughing so hard,I have tears! She is too cute!--Kelly T.

farmersdaughter4ever said...

She is SO funny, and very smart to think that fast! I laughed so hard, and even read it to mom!....we both enjoyed her thought process so much!
loved it!

K said...

So funny! C and I had a great laugh. Glad to see you're back. You are super-mama going to the beach! If you're wondering who this is, C and I saw you and Ashton at the doctor's office about a month ago. Sorry I'm so paranoid about using our names!

Unknown said...

Too cute! I miss you a lot! I'll call soon.

Jenny said...

So funny! What comes out of their little mouths sometimes just amazes me!!!!