Family pic

Family pic

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Third Time Is a Charm?

No, I'm not talking about the baby on the way. I'm talking about taking Christmas portraits...I don't even want to think about adding a third child to the mix for next year's pictures! We have been to JC Penney's twice already trying to get the perfect decent photo. I mean, is it too much to ask for both children to be looking in the general direction of the camera? Am I crazy to think that they both might smile? I am giving these photos as gifts...who wants to open a framed portrait of Anderson looking behind him and Anagrace with an expression of boredom and confusion? But, that may just be the best we can give. It is very difficult to find a time to even take the photos between Anderson's sleep and eat schedule. I hope that I have it timed correctly today. And that something or someone can get my children to look at the camera and smile.

I'll post the photo for your opinion later.

5 comments:

Susan said...

What you said is the number 1 reason I still haven't done my Christmas pictures yet. Davis won't sit still long enough to put his shoes on let alone pictures. I hope they turned out great for you. I always had good success with JCPenney. Can't wait to see them.

Jess said...

chelsea,
i totally feel your pain. i cancelled our christmas picture appointment this year because i decided i didn't want the stress. hugh took a picture of the kids in front of the tree. oh well. you can tell me what you think when you get one in the mail. of course, i have yet to mail my cards!!! ahhhhhhhhhhh!

love
jess

ps this is jess, not hugh, i can't figure out the google comment thing tonight without hugh here to help me!!

4torock said...

Some mom should event something that is attatched to the camera to get everyone's attention, but even then mine prob won't look!! LOL That's why I group a few of mine together ( YES I have way to many...) and hope a one or two turn out!! Good luck- can't wait to see!! See ya!
Kate
PS everyone else- I JUST ordered my cards so u might get 'em sometime AFTER Christmas!! LOL!

Lynn Savell said...

I have yet to get my two to a professinal, but my 3 yr old daughter, Aliyah loves posing for any camera. hope they turned out well.
Lynn Brentlinger, Savell

Erin said...

Speech?! I just noticed your profile said you were speech path in a former life! Me too! I stopped mid MS because of my Lukey-surprise, so now my hands are a little tied, but I loved the years I worked in a FL elementary school.